In this economy people often resort to Do-It-Yourself pest controlling methods rather than hiring a professional. This DIY approach ranges from non-chemical/eco-friendly methods such as: home-made pesticides and planting carnivorous (insecticide) plants, to chemical methods which include baits and sprays. Despite various DIY methods you can implement at home, the fundamental question to ask is whether or not these methods are more effective than calling a professional. Whichever option you choose, you must first consider the pros and cons of both: professional pest control and home pest control.
First of all, professional pest control services Pest control singapore may tackle pest problems better than you can. Based on their experience and know-how’s they may be able to fight pests more efficiently and quickly. Moreover, professional pest control services may be considered cheaper than DIY methods in the long run. This is due to the fact that inefficient DIY pest controlling methods can prolong pest problems and thus result in spending more money on home pest control products. Here are some things to consider when looking for a professional pest control service:
- Does the pest company offer experienced and knowledgeable professionals? You should hire someone who will know how to quickly determine how large the infestation is and what type of insect they are dealing with.
- Is the company bonded, insured, and licensed? Check the credentials of the company you are dealing with to make certain they are insured. Moreover, some states require a license for certain types of pesticides.
- Does the company offer estimates or quotes? It is crucial to know how much the service is going to cost before you sign up. Most companies offer free quotes via phone or online.
- Do they offer any warranties or money back guarantees? To ensure that you are going to receive a service that is worth the money, check what kind of policies they offer.
- What type of pests can they deal with? Some companies only deal with indoor pests while others may only treat outdoors. Determine whether the company you want to hire offers treatment for the type o f pests you have.
On the other hand, DIY pest controls may be beneficial in situations where the infestation is small. In situations like these you not only can easily get rid of pests with products purchased from your local store but you can also save money. It is true that these over-the-counter pesticides have improved over time. Yet, they still may not be as efficient as the ones that the professionals use. Here are a few tips for selecting DIY pest control products:
- Be skeptical about products that guarantee to work every time – Pests differ from region to region and thus may have different type of reactions to certain products. Therefore, look for products that target a specific type of infestation or an insect. Otherwise select products with a money back guarantee if it does not work.
- Know how a specific product works – Be familiar with how and why a specific type of product works. In other words, be familiar with the science behind them. Does it use toxins or fragrance to repel pests? Choose a product that can scientifically prove itself as effective.
- Keep in mind that not all ultrasonic products work – Ultrasonic products do not work through walls or doors. Thus, these products should be installed in each and every room. Yet, you must acknowledge that these products do not work long-term because certain pests can become immune to them.